Student Handbook 2021-2022


Withdrawal Policy

For 11-week courses, students may withdraw from courses beginning the third week of the semester through the ninth week of the semester. Students should refer to the current academic calendar for the most accurate dates pertaining to withdrawing from courses. For courses that meet for less than 11 weeks, withdrawal dates will be published in Self-Service for Students on the Walsh Student Portal each semester. Withdrawing from courses is a formal procedure that must be initiated by the student in writing, Walsh email or online through Self-Service for Students in the Walsh Student Portal. Walsh does not allow faculty or staff to initiate a withdrawal for a student for any reason including nonattendance.

There is no tuition refund given for withdrawn courses, and a grade of “W” (Withdrawal) appears on the student’s academic transcript. Students are responsible for all tuition and fees incurred. Students should carefully review their schedules after withdrawing from courses to ensure that processing was completed. Ultimately, a student’s schedule is the student’s responsibility.

Undergraduate and graduate students may withdraw from the same course no more than twice during their academic career. Withdrawing from separate sections of courses that are equated will be considered separate withdrawal attempts. A letter grade (A-F) will be issued on a student’s academic transcript when the withdrawn course is repeated for the third time.

Doctoral students may withdraw from any course only once during their academic career. A letter grade (A-C, or F) will be issued on a student’s academic transcript when the withdrawn course is repeated for the second time.

Withdrawal forms submitted online through the Walsh Student Portal or Walsh e-mail will be considered as received on the date submitted.

Students receiving federal financial aid are encouraged to contact the Financial Aid office before withdrawing from classes to determine if there are any financial implications as a result of the withdrawal. Additional details can be found in the Financial Aid and Scholarships section.

Note: An international student on an F-1 visa must consult with the designated school official/international advisor in the Admissions and Academic Advising office before withdrawing from a class that will result in less than full-time status.

Late Withdrawal Requests

Refer to the Late Withdrawal or Refund Policy section of this Handbook.